This year’s Taste of Coogee Food & Wine Festival on Coogee Oval is now history.
Day ONE saw brave crowds and exhibitors enjoy clearing but windy conditions after a day of heavy rain on the Friday!
Day TWO saw brilliant sunshine, calm conditions and an oval full of happy people enjoying themselves at a great event.
The Coogee Chamber of Commerce along with Coogee Lions Club thank all who participated in the planning and running of what must be considered a milestone in community events in Coogee.
Special thanks go to Bernadette Summers from the Coogee Chamber of Commerce and David Morgan (Coogee Lions) along with the band of volunteers without whom an event such as this, would not be possible.
Thanks also to our major sponsors who’s support was most appreciated.
This year’s highlights included:
- Cooking demonstrations from Justin North (Hotel Centennial), Andy Allen(Three Blue Ducks), & Mindy Woods (ex MasterChef) .
- The best eats from local favourites Little Jack Horner, Poke, Sofrito, La Spiaggia and Coogee Pavilion.
- Award winning beers and wines from Sydney Brewers, James Estate Wines, Brokenwood, Petersons Champagne House, Giesen and Twisted River wines, to name a few.
- The chance to experience the launch of ex MasterChef contestant, Mindy Woods’ Container Kitchen. This pop-up container restaurant, served up a delicious plant based, seasonal and sustainable Mexican menu.
- An impressive line-up of music acts. American rock band, with hits such as I’m a Believer and Daydream Believer, The Monkees tribute band ‘Monkee Mania’ as well as Martini Club, and John Field Band.
- Enjoyment of treats for the eyes and the taste buds from mixologist and bartender, Jason Crawley.
- The opportunity to experience the Festival as a VIP in the newly introduced VIP space
- Entertainment for the kids at the Fun with Franky Show, jumping castle and rides area
All profits from Taste of Coogee 2016 will be donated to Coogee Lions, raising money to help local families in need.
The next Coogee Chamber of Commerce community festival is the Coogee Family Fun Day on Saturday December 3rd 2016. This will be a one day event and is held on Goldstein Memorial Reserve at the beachfront.
ENQUIRIES: Use the form provided below to contact a Chamber of Commerce representative.